Apple IPhone X
- Space Gray
Size and Weight2
- Height: 5.65 inches (143.6 mm)
- Width: 2.79 inches (70.9 mm)
- Depth: 0.30 inch (7.7 mm)
- Weight: 6.14 ounces (174 grams)
- Super Retina HD display
- 5.8-inch (diagonal) all-screen OLED Multi-Touch display
- HDR display
- 2436-by-1125-pixel resolution at 458 ppi
- 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone display
- Wide color display (P3)
- 3D Touch
- 625 cd/m2 max brightness (typical)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously
The iPhone X display has rounded corners that follow a beautiful curved design, and these corners are within a standard rectangle. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 5.85 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
Should You Buy the iPhone X?
The iPhones we are recommending to most people this year are the $549 iPhone 7 and the $649 iPhone 7 Plus. The iPhone X is for early adopters, people who want a glimpse into Apple’s unfinished future, and who are willing to take on a few bumps in the road (such as poorly designed third-party apps, for a while) to get there. Yes, it’s the best iPhone, hands down. It’s the future of iPhones. It’s also a thousand flippin’ dollars.
For now, the Apple iPhone X looks great. It feels great. It’s just the right size. And it’s going to grow, in terms of capabilities, once software developers figure their apps out. It’s genuinely exciting. It’s more iPhone than you probably need, but it shows that Apple is still innovating.