Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Websites or provide or use in connection with our Services. You can choose not to provide certain information, but this will limit your ability to purchase products offered on the Websites, or to take advantage of some features, promotions, or other Services.
- Contact and Registration Information: Such as your name, contact information, email address, username, and password.
- Transaction Information: Such as your purchase history, payment card information, billing and shipping addresses, and other information related to your transaction.
- Website Interactions: Information about your product searches, wish lists, gift, lists, or alerts or notifications that you choose to create on our Websites.
- Questionnaires, surveys, or contests: Information you provide when participating in competitions, surveys, or contests that GameStop may run from time to time.
- Interactions with GameStop Associates: Communications and requests to GameStop associates.
- The content you post to our Websites: Comments or product reviews that you post to our Websites, forums, and discussion areas.
- Other information you provide: Such as photos or avatars that you upload to your online profiles.
Information We Collect Automatically: We and our affiliates, service providers, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer our Websites and improve functionality, and gather general demographic information about our user base as a whole. Such information may include:
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser information, device type, and device IDs.
- Usage information: Browsing behavior on our Websites, such as URL information, click stream information, and date/time stamps.
- Location Information: GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth information collected from mobile devices as you move through or near our stores.
Information from Other Sources:We may combine information we receive about you from other sources with your account information or other information we maintain about you. For example, if we receive a list of subscribers to a gaming publication, and we note that you are a subscriber, we may include that information in the account information that we store about you. Other examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we may use to correct our records; account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from business partners who operate their own websites or for which we provide any services; search term and search result information from searches conducted through the Websites; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide, support, personalize and develop our Services. In particular, we may use your Personal Information:
- To Provide Our Services:
- provide products and services that you request;
- enable subscription services or activations;
- facilitate contest participation and provide rewards or gifts as part of surveys or questionnaires, where applicable.
- To Market and Advertise to You:
- send you email updates, newsletters, promotions, surveys, and direct mailings;
- manage your participation in events and sweepstakes;
- communicate with you about our products and services;
- publish customer testimonials or photos;
- analyze our marketing strategies and trends regarding your use of our website or social media channels;
- improve the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and/or
- to send follow-up communications thanking you for your business or inquiring as to your satisfaction.
- -if you are in or near one of our stores, we may send you messages through our applications that may welcome you to the store, show you eligible promotions, including those tailored to your location.
- Through the use of our application, store associates will be advised that you are in or near the store and given information to provide better guest service to you.
- To Administer Our Brands:
- register and manage your account;
- track the efficacy of our website and help us learn more about our visitors’ and customers’ shopping behavior; and/or
- improve our website experience, including for troubleshooting and maintenance purposes.
- To Secure our Services:
- protect against error, fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- manage exposure to risk from unauthorized users;
- comply with applicable legal mandates, our policies, or industry standards.
- To Provide Customer Service to You:
- provide customer service when you need help and/or to improve customer experiences;
- provide status updates on your order;
- inform you about release date changes; and/or
- provide you with more information about an order.
- For any other purpose not listed here, with your consent.
In addition to the above purposes, we may collect and summarize customer and visitor information in a non-personal, aggregate format for any purposes, including statistical or research.
How We Share Your Personal Information
Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as email distribution, sending marketing communications, servicing products, maintenance of your account, conducting research surveys, verifying and validating information that you have provided to us, delivering products, third-party advertising, and providing customer support services. Third parties will only have access to your Personal Information as reasonably necessary to perform these tasks on our behalf and are not permitted to disclose or use it for other purposes.
Tournaments: If you register for tournaments through GameStop, we may share your Personal Information with the tournament host, and they may use it for internal tracking and analytics. For instance, if you give us your Xbox Live Gamertag for a Microsoft tournament, Microsoft will use that information for internal research or other purposes.
Affiliates and Marketing Partners: We may use the information that you provide us, or that we collect about you, in connection with the promotion of our products and services and those of our affiliates, including by sending or providing you with offers or promotional information. If you accept an offer from one of our third-party marketing partners, we may share your contact information with them.
Affiliate Programs: We offer an affiliate program through a third-party affiliate manager. This program allows other websites to earn money by directing people (through links) to our Website. If you sign up as an affiliate, your Personal Information (such as website address and related information, email address, mailing and payment addresses, and contact information) is sent to the third-party affiliate manager who activates your affiliate status and pays you based on the sales you generate for our Websites. You may apply for this program using an Affiliate Program application.
Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets: Your Personal Information may be transferred or disclosed to a purchaser or prospective purchaser in the event of a sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Legal Disclosure: We may disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; (4) protect your rights or safety or that of others, or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see:
If you have provided our app or other apps with access to your location, our mobile advertising partners may use your location to target advertisements to you. You can use the location features on your device to disable this targeting.